Australian journal- Magnetic Island 2


For the second part of my trip I wanted to try out something new, after weeks of flying and driving I was pretty exhausted and therefore decided to travel Australia by train. So after checking all viable train travel options I grabbed one of the fantastic offers AustraliaRail had launched and got an bought an AUS-RailPass for 3 months. Looking closer on the map Magnetic Island was a perfect destination heading south of Cairns.
-
How to get to Magnetic Island
The best wasy to travel to Magnetic Island is to catch the ferry from Townsville. The service rides every 30 minutes. Once you reach the island a public bus takes you from the ferry terminal through the island stopping at several resorts and main places. I had booked my accommodation on Magnetic Island close to Horseshoe Bay in the northest part of the island.  Unless you have your own vehicle, you must use either the bus which rides every hour or hire a mini moke car, one of those funny topless car or if you prefer a scooter, which is really good fun!
Michela
 (to be continued)