Australian journal 6 train travel

Australia is a huge country with endless travel distances; as a solo traveler you are bound to be on the road for a long time and of course completely alone!  I find driving in Australia pretty tiresome, unless you have a travel companion with whom you can swap the drive and have a chat I would not welcome driving solo long distances on the australian roads.
So, how can you travel in Australia if not driving or flying?
There are ways, bus and train. I am a huge fan of train travel. In Europe I travel on train by 90% of my time. This time I was keen to experience train travel in Australia too. And this exactly how I travelled for the rest of my time in OZ. It has been an awesome experience, a rather different experience from the type of train travel I am used to in Europe. I will tell you more about my train travel experience in Australia on the next posts.
(to be continued)