Papua Highlands 6 He Was Also A Dwarf

In the morning, Penius cooked fried rice and shortly after we took off. This time it was much more slippery from the rain. The soil here is largely clay with a thin topsoil that is easily washed away if exposed (aka a trail). We clambered up the path to the main trail and then we were on our way. Penius forgot the eggs so he headed back while I walked ahead. I got out to a nice viewpoint with a breeze while I waited as locals passed me by as they headed to and fro. 
One person was a bit of a strange sight. It was a old man who was naked except for his koteka (think penis sheath), except he was also a dwarf. By this time, Penius caught up and we walked along. Eventually we came to a village called Kuring (I think). Penius told me there was a beautiful view up ahead but that our destination was to go down to the river.
Ralf Kreuze
(to be continued)